Acceptable Use Policy for Business Television Services
This policy and you
1. We want to provide you with a great television experience at competitive prices. We’ve designed our BUSINESS TELEVISION service specifically for our business customers, and we ask you to keep to some simple rules which we set out here. We also describe what we will do if you are unable to do this.
2. By using our services, you agree to follow these rules. We may update them from time to time, and we’ll give you one month’s notice of any changes. If you don’t agree to this policy or the changes, you must let us know and stop using our equipment and services.
3. You are responsible for ensuring that your business’s employees and anyone else using your BUSINESS TELEVISION service also follow these rules.
Where you can enjoy the BUSINESS TELEVISION service
4. Our BUSINESS TELEVISION service is for you and for your business’s employees whilst they are on the business’s premises that have been specified in the BUSINESS TELEVISION agreement with CBL. Unless otherwise agreed with CBL, you should have a separate account for any other premises occupied by your business.
5. Your customers are welcome to use our BUSINESS TELEVISION service only if this is permitted in your agreement with CBL.
Using our BUSINESS TELEVISION equipment
6. We provide you with set-top boxes and other equipment so that you can enjoy our television service. You must keep our equipment in the premises you’ve specified in your agreement with us, and must not move it to or share it with other businesses or premises.
7. You must not disturb, tamper with, reroute or interfere with any component of our cable system in case this damages the equipment or your television service. You must not connect our equipment to any other equipment or modify our equipment or cable installation.
Using our BUSINESS TELEVISION service
8. You must not resell the BUSINESS TELEVISION to other businesses or people.
9. You must not use our television service for purposes that are forbidden by the laws of The Bahamas.
10. You should ensure that minors and vulnerable people do not have access to unsuitable material, using parental controls when appropriate.
Making this policy work
11. If we think you’ve breached this policy:
• we will look into the breach and may contact your business to discuss the apparent breach (using your personal details to make contact with you)
• we may issue your business with a warning letter or email
• we may suspend your television service (and perhaps the other services you receive from us)
• if this is the first time your business breached this policy, we will reconnect you once you have sent us a signed acknowledgement of our letter or email
• if you breach this policy for a second time, we may not reconnect you until our audit department visits your business and conducts an investigation. We may charge you for the cost of this audit visit (minimum $100), and may also increase the amount of deposit required from you
• if you breach this policy again, we may terminate our contract with you and remove our equipment, and refuse to provide you with our services again
• we may recover from you the costs that we have reasonably incurred as a result of the violation, including the costs of damage to our equipment or installation and the costs of collecting our equipment
• we may also take any other legal or technical action that we deem appropriate.
• If you agree in writing to stop committing the breach, we may restore your service.
12. In serious cases, we may report your business to the police or another law enforcement agency, and give them your personal information. Sometimes, we might be asked by public bodies such as law enforcement agencies to give information about you. If those requests are lawful, we obey them. We may also cooperate with other television providers to enforce this policy and their policies.
13. If you think that someone else has breached this policy and you want to report them to us, you should get in touch with us at email@example.com
14. If you want to understand more about any of the points in this policy, please do contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org