Cable Bahamas prides itself in providing unparalleled triple play services to the Bahamian market, REVTV; REVNET – the fastest broadband service in the country; REVTALK – The most reliable, most affordable fixed line service in the country.
Cable Bahamas is committed to providing an excellent customer experience. If for any reason something goes wrong, we will work to resolve the issue as quickly and as professionally as we can.
This Customer Satisfaction Policy is provided in compliance with Part 2.2.3 of the Utilities Regulation and Competition Authority (URCA) – Consumer Protection Regulations 2013 (Customer Quality of Service Standards) – ECS 19/2013.
To ensure customer satisfaction:
- Approval of Application for Service
We will approve (or otherwise) all applications for service within 2 business days, or we will credit your account with one (1) Pay-per-view/VOD movie or its cash equivalent of $3.99 for customers who do not have access to our Pay-per-View/VOD platform. Except in cases where the delay has been caused by issues/challenges in completing a customer’s credit check.
- Service Activation After Approval
We will credit your account $5.00, if the time between approval of an application for service and the installation of any of our services exceeds;
- 5 business days for New Providence and Grand Bahama;
- 6 business days for Abaco, Eleuthera, Exuma and Andros; and
- 7 business days for all other islands.
Except in instances where the existing infrastructure is damaged, tampered with or cannot accommodate the customer’s request for a connection, we have received inaccurate site directions from the customer, the customer nor a representative over the age of 18 years is present at the installation site at the appointment time or Force Majeure.
- Customer Scheduled Appointments
If we fail to arrive within four (4) hours after your scheduled appointment window (unless we have called ahead), we will credit your account $5.00.
- Response to Customer Complaints
All customer complaints lodged in accordance with our Complaints Handling Process will be acknowledged within five (5) business days of receipt, if we fail to do so, we will credit your account $2.50.
- Customer Complaints Resolution
All complaints received through the Complaints Handling Process will be resolved to the best of Cable Bahamas’ ability within thirty (30) business days of its receipt, if we fail to do so, we will credit your account $10.00. We will also inform you of your right to refer your complaint to URCA in accordance with our Complaints Handling Procedures.
- Repeated Loss of Service
We will resolve routine issues in the first visit, if due to the fault or error of Cable Bahamas the same issue reoccurs (stemming from the same root cause) within 30 days of the initial resolution we will credit your account $5.00.
- Fault Repair Time
We will repair all customer issues and faults within-
- 3 business days for New Providence and Grand Bahama;
- 4 business days for Abaco, Eleuthera, Exuma and Andros; and
- 5 business days for all other islands.
If we fail to do so, beginning after the expiry of the stated period your account will be credited on a pro-rated basis and ending on the date the issue or fault is fixed.
Except in instances where we have outdated site directions to the customer’s residence, the customer nor a representative over the age of 18 years is present at the installation site at the appointment time or force majeure.
- Wrongful Disconnection
If we wrongly disconnect your account we will reconnect it within four (4) working hours of you notifying us. If we fail to do so, we will credit your account $1.00 for each day or part thereof it is disconnected.
- Reconnection After Disconnection for Non-Payment
In cases where your account is disconnected for non-payment, your account will be reconnected within 8 working hours of payment, if we fail to do so, we will credit your account $1.00 for each day or part thereof it is disconnected.
Cable Bahamas reserves the right to deviate from the above stated policy in any of the following situations:
- An event of Force Majeure.
- The customer has provided inaccurate site directions or any inaccurate information which directly or indirectly affects the performance of the company.
- The customer’s service interruption is as a result of their damaging or tampering with Cable Bahamas equipment or any violation of its “Usage Policy”
- Cable Bahamas will not be liable for customer service interruptions it is not aware of. Customers experiencing interruptions should promptly contact us; once we are notified of the service interruption the above timeframes are initiated.